Care Guide & FAQ's

This care guide contains information to help you take care of the products you've bought from us. There are some helpful FAQ's included, but if we can help with anything else please contact us and we'll be happy to help.


Care Guide:

  • Take your new flowers out of their box carefully. Be gentle, dried flowers are very delicate
  • Trim your stems to the desired length for your vase or jug. Be sure to hold them up to the vase before trimming to check how much you should trim them!
  • Keep away from water
  • Keep out of humid settings, such as bathrooms and kitchens
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Avoid direct sunlight. Naturally the colour of your dried flowers will fade, but keeping then away from direct sunlight will help them last as long as possible

Our dried flower bunches are hand-tied using real flowers, so the colour, shade and shape may vary per bunch. Stem count and length varies between products; please refer to the product pages for more information.

Do dried flowers carry their original fragrance?

Most flowers and foliage do not have a floral scent like fresh flowers. In the drying process most lose their original scent. Lavender is a great exception to this which can hold it's scent for quite some time after drying. 

Can dried flowers give you hayfever?

Dried flowers do not contain pollen so they should not cause a hayfever-related reaction.



Care guide:

This information applies to all candles in our shop.

  • The first time you use your candle, allow it to burn until the entire surface has melted or up to 4 hours, whichever is sooner. This will help prevent the candle tunnelling in future burns.
  • In warm weather conditions, your candle may sweat a little. This will look like wet spots on the surface of your candle. This is totally natural and a process that occurs in the wax we use. It will not affect the burn of the candle and you do not need to wipe the residue away.
  • Trim the wick of your candle to about 5mm before lighting
  • Never leave a lit candle unattended & keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Always place your candle on a fire resistant surface, away from fabrics and flammable materials
  • The candle container may get hot when lit, leave in position until cool
  • Never burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
  • Ensure the wax pool is free of wick trimmings and debris 
  • We recommend leaving about 5mm of wax in the bottom of the candle; do not burn all the way down 

Why does my candle look like it's got frost on it?

This is known as Frosting and is a natural by-product of the candle making process for soy wax candles. Frosting will not affect the burn ability or scent of your candle in any way.

Why does my candle look like it's sweating? 

Candles made using natural wax are delicate and react quickly to changes in temperature. If your candle looks like it's sweating on the top, this may be because of a change in temperature which has made a small amount of the fragrance separate from the wax. This is normal and it doesn't affect the burn of your candle. You don't need to wipe the residue away, just re-light and enjoy your candle. 

Why do I have to trim the wick?

You must always trim your wick before re-lighting it to ensure a safe, even burn. Leaving the wick too long may cause the flame to be too tall, or smoking of the wick. 



Care Guide:

  • Never leave your lit wax burner unattended
  • Each wax melt will last a few burns. Simply keep relighting until the scent starts to fade. When you need to remove an old wax melt, wait for it to cool and simply coax it out around the edge and it should slide it out of the top of the burner. Wipe the top of the burner clean. Then pop your new wax melt on and you're ready to go again.
  • Always place your wax burner on a fire resistant surface, away from fabrics and flammable materials 
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • The wax burner may get very hot when lit, leave in position until cool
  • Ensure the wax pool is free of debris 

Why can I see a vapour coming off the top of my wax burner?

Please don't be alarmed if you see clear/white vapour emitting from your wax burner. This is not smoke and it is not harmful, it's simply the fragrance being released from the wax and it's totally normal. 

What size tealight should I use? 

We always recommend using a small 2-4 hour burn tealight per wax melt. 

For more information or product advice, please don't hesitate to get in touch: